The Governing Body of Bucks UTC acts as the critical friend of the Principal and senior leadership team, and provides support and challenge. Governors have a range of duties and powers and a general responsibility for the conduct of the UTC with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement. Its responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing a strategic view of the UTC by establishing a vision and setting the purpose and aims of the school
- Ensuring the quality of educational provision
- Setting targets for student achievement
- Challenging and monitoring the performance of the academy
- Making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- Ensuring good financial health and probity
- Appointing staff including the Principal
- Reviewing staff performance and pay
In fulfilling these responsibilities an effective governing body will:
- Help the UTC to set high standards by planning for its future and setting targets for improvement
- Keep the pressure up on school improvement
- Be a critical friend to the UTC, offering support and advice
- Help the UTC respond to the needs of parents and the community
- Make the UTC accountable to the public for what it does
- Work with the UTC on planning, developing policies and keeping these under review
- Exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the Principal and staff
- Not intervene in the day-to-day management of the UTC unless there are weaknesses, when it then has a duty to take action.
Contact the Governors
Should you wish to contact the Governors, please do so via the Chair, Professor Ruth Farwell, either in writing to:
Professor Ruth Farwell Buckinghamshire UTC Oxford Road Aylesbury HP21 8PB
Or via the Clerk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view our Ofsted report.
Click here to view our latest Ofsted inspection report.