What makes Bucks UTC different? Why study at Bucks UTC?
We take learning out of the classroom, making it more relevant to real life and the world of work. We have outstanding employer links with multi-national sponsors (Taylor Wimpey, Intel/McAfee, CISCO, Esri), plus excellent support from many local employer partners. Our curriculum is designed to deliver the real-world skills employers want from their next generation of employees.
When studying at the UTC students can expect to:
- Receive support from an incredibly committed team
- Obtain skills which put you tangibly ahead of your peers
- Be given access to work placements which open up future opportunities
- Become the highly skilled employee of their generation
If you believe that you relish learning in an environment that challenges your abilities to excel in Computing or Construction, come and see what we have to offer. Become the professional you want to be. We ensure our students achieve excellent results in their specialism and achieve a meaningful outcome. Our year 11 students achieved marks which were 25% better than the national average in their specialist vocational courses. 50% of students stayed on at the UTC, 10% went into apprenticeships and 40% went into other education or work. At year 13 our students achieved marks which were 21% better than the national average in their specialist vocational courses. 98% of our students go on to a positive destination –higher/further education, employment, or work-related training. In addition, our students typically achieved their first choice university places or are now working in their chosen company or profession.
Our partners are committed to providing:
- Advice and guidance on curriculum content and development
- Employer-led projects and challenges
- Coaching and mentoring
- Work experience, internships, and apprenticeships.