Outcomes at Bucks UTC
- Destinations are strong with 72% of sixth form students progressing to higher level apprenticeships or employment with training through the UTC employer sponsors and partners and 12% to university.
- 96% of Year 11 progressed into further education, apprenticeships or employment.
- Good results in 2019 for BTEC level 3 extended diploma 91% success.
- 100% success for extended diploma Building Studies.
- 8% achieved distinction*/distinction grades, 14% above the published national average
- 100% success rates for post-16 specialist subjects at level 2, 21.4% above the published national average
- Just one A level programme ran in 2018/19 in partnership with Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School. The overall pass rate remains at 100% grade A-C.
Key Stage 4
- 95% overall success rate in specialist construction and computing
- 100% success rate for BTEC computing with 36% merit grades, 17% above the previous year
- 5% overall success rate, a new qualification
- In the reformed GCSEs in English and Maths pupils 48% of pupils achieved English and Maths above grade 4. This is up on the 2016 of 45%, and the 2015 of 17.5%
- 52% of pupils achieved a 9 – 4 in English Language, significantly above 41% in 2016
- 60% of pupils achieved a 9 – 4 in Mathematics, slightly above 59% of students in 2016
We’ve had a wide range of employer and community-led projects, exciting visits from Industry big-players such as Network Rail, high numbers of students took on work placements, and following receipt of their results, an outstanding number of Level 3 students have gained entry to university or full-time employment, with many Level 2 students furthering their education with us or securing employment.