The UTC brings together the unique combination of Buckinghamshire New University, Aylesbury College and major local employers such as Taylor Wimpey, Cisco, and McAfee in equal partnership. The sponsors influence what we teach and guide our students to learn. In doing so they shape our curriculum and ensure our students gain a skills led, motivational, work-related experience which directly improves their employability within the Building and Computing sectors. It also provides the chance for ‘talent spotting’ and gives an opportunity to trial young people well in advnace of them leaving education.
All sponsors commit time to the UTC and we gain from their knowledge, experiences, expertise and commitment to the development of young people on their career journey. Some also commit significan’t amounts of money which goes a long way to making the curriculum an exciting, bespoke and individual experience. All sponsors support the UTC providing guidance to students plus information about career paths, skills, knowledge and many offer opportunities for progression, placements and employment.
We’d love to hear from you if you’d like to join us in addressing the need for good technical and practical education. Could your company help by:
- Shaping the curriculum
- Providing work experience or apprentice opportunities
- Asking our students to work with you on a ‘live’ project
- Mentoring students throughout their time with us
- Offering specialist facilities within your business that could inform and inspire our students to pursue a career or further their education in Building Studies or Computing
- Assisting in the appointment of staff with the required specialist knowledge and experience in these industry sectors