Bucks UTC Open Day: Celebration and Community Event
On Friday 18th March, we’re holding an open house at Bucks UTC to celebrate Think UTC 2016.
Think UTC is a national day that celebrates the work that UTCs do to inspire young people to become the highly skilled workforce of tomorrow. We will be opening the door to the whole community, running a number of different activities to give people a feel of what we do at Bucks UTC. UTCs across the country will be celebrating and holding activities, workshops, talks and more.
Activities from 09:30 to 17:00
- Lectures from our employer sponsors
- Intel and cyber security
- Cisco and networking for the future
- ESRI and the use of GIS across all industries
- Taylor Wimpey and sustainable construction in the 21st century
- Our students will be running an IT support desk to help anyone who needs help or training with their tech. Not sure how to use a feature on your phone? Having a problem with some software on your laptop? We can help.
- Guests will be able to see some of our students’ best work in our showcase of student outputs. See what our students learn at Bucks UTC, we guarantee you’ll be impressed.
- We will be running a challenge in support of our charity partner, Buckinghamshire Disabled Service (BuDS).
- A ‘build a computer’ relay challenge, incorporating construction and computing, with prizes up for grabs for the winners!
- Our students are taking part in a creative, performing arts workshop and will put together a short production about their experiences at the UTC.
- Think UTC 2016 will also see us begin to plan our Big Build Project, a groundbreaking project we are planning to run later in the year.
Why get involved?
- Discover more about STEM and get stuck into practical, hands-on activities
- Talk to reps from huge industry players, such as Taylor Wimpey and Cisco, and find out how the support Bucks UTC
- Learn more about how we do things at Bucks UTC and how it’s a different kind of education that can open up your dream career
- Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for frequent updates on what we’re up to.